When Natasha first sent us this sketch and her idea behind it, I panicked just a little bit. You see, Natasha had the idea in her head that the strip on the card would be perfect for those big bulky embellishments that are available (beautiful ribbons, dimensional flowers) but that are difficult to use on cards since they'll get damaged in the mail (if you can get them in the envelope in the first place!).
Well, I'm not drawn to such bulky embellishments for the most part. And I couldn't think of anything I had in my stash to use.
I thought about a great Sizzix die that two of my friends own where it makes a flower that you roll up to make a dimensional flower, but one friend is out of town and the other was busy all day today... and today was the day I had some time to create.
But then I thought about a card I made last fall using the Blossom die from Spellbinders.... so I cut 15 flowers out of patterned paper and spritzed them well with water. I then scrunched them up and let them dry. In fact, I went out for a few hours. When I came home I smoothed them out somewhat and ran an ink pad over them to help create more dimension.
And this is what I came up with....
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Marina Mist
*Pattern Paper: Basic Grey
*Images: Stampin' Up! All Year Cheer I
*Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
*Tools: Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossoms die
*Embellishments: Doodlebug Sugared brads (coloured with a Copic marker)
As always, I am looking forward to seeing what each of you come up with!!!