Friday, March 25, 2011

FTL133 Shabby Chic Flowers

When Natasha first sent us this sketch and her idea behind it, I panicked just a little bit.  You see, Natasha had the idea in her head that the strip on the card would be perfect for those big bulky embellishments that are available (beautiful ribbons, dimensional flowers) but that are difficult to use on cards since they'll get damaged in the mail (if you can get them in the envelope in the first place!).

Well, I'm not drawn to such bulky embellishments for the most part.  And I couldn't think of anything I had in my stash to use.

I thought about a great Sizzix die that two of my friends own where it makes a flower that you roll up to make a dimensional flower, but one friend is out of town and the other was busy all day today... and today was the day I had some time to create.

But then I thought about a card I made last fall using the Blossom die from Spellbinders....  so I cut 15 flowers out of patterned paper and spritzed them well with water.  I then scrunched them up and let them dry.  In fact, I went out for a few hours.  When I came home I smoothed them out somewhat and ran an ink pad over them to help create more dimension.

And this is what I came up with....
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  PTI White; Stampin' Up! Marina Mist
*Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey
*Images:  Stampin' Up! All Year Cheer I
*Ink:  Rich Cocoa Memento
*Tools:  Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossoms die
*Embellishments:  Doodlebug Sugared brads (coloured with a Copic marker)


As always, I am looking forward to seeing what each of you come up with!!!

9 comments:

snehal watwe welde said...

Beautiful...love the CAS feel

sharingthepassion said...

This is fab!! love it. Those flowers are lush

Ali x

June Houck said...

Beautiful! It looks like your time to cut 15 layers was well worth the end result. Very pretty card :)

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Terrific!!

Riette said...

Making these type of flowers is what got me hooked into card making about a month ago. I came across this lady's youtube video showing how to make similar paper flowers. Might be interesting to some readers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiezvAlEoak

Michelle said...

So pretty! Love it!

tinka said...

A very great work and a nice card.
Love this flowers!
Lovely greetings
tinka

Karen said...

Those flowers turned out great! Fun card for the challenge/sketch. TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

beautiful card--love, love the flowers & thanks for the tutorial on making them--

Diane
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/