Sunday, February 6, 2011

FTL126 Happy 13th Birthday

When I first saw Natasha's sketch, I immediately panicked.  I loved the idea of using a number in the centre of the card but couldn't think of a reason to make one.  Most of our friends have already turned 40 (the last two are still a few years off), there isn't a big anniversary coming up.... I didn't know what to do.

And then suddenly, I felt like an idiot and had a total DUH! moment...  my younger son was going to his friends' 13th birthday party on Saturday.  See... told you it was a DUH! moment!!!  I used a FTL to create her birthday party invitations so why not use another for her birthday card!
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  PTI White; Core'dinations
*Pattern Paper:  Imaginisce
*Images:  Impress
*Ink:  Pearlescent Orchid Brilliance
*Tools:  Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities
*Embellishments:  Thickers; unknown satin ribbon

2 comments:

Julie Hoffman said...

Perfect card for a 13 year old girl!!! Great job with this sketch!

Karen said...

Cute card, Nancy - love the number on the circle part of the sketch too! TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking,dotcom