Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ten Minute Thursday?

I just really wanted to share this card (technically I made it Tuesday, but I only uploaded it today). As I discussed over at my other blog I've gotten a little into letterpress, or at least attempting to make a faux version. This card features two of my designs that I had made into photopolymer plates. I inked them up with some grey ink (from Lifestyle Letterpress) and ran them through my cuttlebug on some luscious Crane Lettra cotton paper. I love the results! I also liked how the sun was shining, so I photographed it without the photo box. I think it helped the texture of the pressed design and the paper appear a bit clearer.

15 comments:

dotygirl said...

Awesome card, love how you did the technique. Greats good.

Teri said...

Beautiful!
The paper, design, and photography really work.
Thank you so much for your inspiration.
Teri "Terrific"

Alice Wertz said...

simply elegant! super card!

Lesley said...

What a lovely card best wishes Lesley x

Robbie said...

What a beautiful card! If only you could keep the shadows that fell so softly on it, it would retain such feeling! Great pic!

Susan Raihala said...

THUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful card and beautiful photography!

NancyK said...

I LOVE the letterpress look! You've photographed the card perfectly!

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Liza Yon said...

WOW!! I love this!!! TFS... hugs, Liza

Liza Yon said...

WOW!! I love this!!! TFS... hugs, Liza

scrapper al said...

Your card is stunning in its simple elegance!

JulieHRR said...

.........THUD!!! Brilliant, Tash. Totally BRILLIANT!!!

Donelda said...

wow, that is amazing!!

Emily Leiphart said...

That is so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!