Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10 Minute Monday on Tuesday

I created this card for the SCS color challenge today and for a class assignment in the Great Card Design Class that I am taking online with Julie Ebersole. I had saved the negative cut from my Cuttlebug Buttrfly die cut so I used that as a mask. I sponged on Taken with Teal and Apricot Appeal and then stamped the silhouettes with Chocolate Chip. The sentiment is from Verve's Abundant Blessings as is the cattail silhouette. The dragonfly is from PaperTrey's Pond Life. Supplies: Stamps - PaperTrey, Verve; Ink - SU! Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip; Paper - PaperTrey; Misc - sponge, mask

24 comments:

  1. Your fabulous idea resulted in a gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous!! I love that you used the butterfly cut out as a mask!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet, I actually gasped when I saw this card. It's stunningly pretty and perfect in every way. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just breathtaking! Such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card - thanks for the inspiration!
    Mary-Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am speechless - how wonderful! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GORGEOUS card! I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omygoodness, what a beauty! It's SO hard to be believe it didn't take hours to create this. It's really stunning, and you can't help but say "ohhhhhhh," when you see it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love this technique...have never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness is this GORGEOUS! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply stunning! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant effect and lovely card. I'll have to try this technique. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I thought about doing this with the negative piece from my Stampin Up butterfly di-cut, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I love doing stuff like this with the negative pieces left behind.

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is simple, beautiful, and very creative! Love it! I've come back to look at it several times!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards on here. I've made two with this sketch - they are here x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry - please ignore my last comment - put it in the wrong place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I CASE'd this one twice already--beautiful design! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete