Friday, October 30, 2009

FTL#66

When I saw the rectangular panel in Natasha's sketch I immediately thought of the house from PTI's Boards and Beams and the Holiday Addition set. I also just got some new Cuttlebug Border embossing folders that I thought I'd use instead of patterned paper. My sentiment is a little high for this sketch but I think it works okay. I cut out the image with my long rectangle Nestabilities and attached it to the card with SU! Dimensionals. Supplies: Stamps - PaperTrey Boards and Beams, Boards and Beams Additions; Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa; Paper - PaperTrey Stampers Select; Misc - Copic markers, SU! markers, Nestabilities, SU! Dimensionals, Cuttlebug Border embossing folders, Scor-pal

11 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

EEEEEEE!!!!! STOP RIGHT NOW!!!!! I am not buying that set, I am not buying that set, I am NOT buying that set!!!

I don't color usually and have resisted this set easily...until now. What a magnificent card, Harriet! Both warm and crisp at the same time. Amazing!

Amy said...

Lovely, Harriet! I really like the embossing with this sketch

Melisa Waldorf said...

Gotta tell you I LOVE THIS BLOG!! and subscribed. I want to be more clean and simple and not feel like I have to had so much stuff to every card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue said...

Harriet, this is just beautiful!!! The sentiment perfectly goes with the house, and the Cuttlebugged snowflakes and rooftops lend a wonderful feeling to the whole card. Your coloring on the house is so lovely. The whole card evokes a warm, fuzzy feeling......right after that "Ohhhh!" when you first see it. It's just gorgeous, Harriet.

Alexis said...

Your card is great! I love it how you incorporated embossing!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just GORGEOUS! LOVE it!

Gisèle said...

I had a great time with this challenge. Thanks! My card is here - http://istamppaperink.blogspot.com/2009/11/three-challenges-one-card.html

Jacynthe said...

Such clever use of the Cuttlebug template with stamped image!!! Gorgeous!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that card!!!

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful! What a great idea!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The embossing is a great accent to your image.