Saturday, November 8, 2008

Layout #19

Today's sketch was inspired by this cute collection by Kristina Werner . It seemed like the perfect type of layout for keeping it clean and simple!
Here's my version of the sketch. I really liked how the snowman looked, so I used that idea, and place him on a heap of patterned snowy paper. I'm not nearly patient enough to sketch out a snowman, clean him up with the computer, then reprint and paper piece together. I found that PTI's Made of Snow worked for me. I chose my patterned paper first and drew my colours from there. For the rounded part, I cut my paper to 3-3/4 wide, then I used one of the long, large oval nestabilities. I tried a circle first, but I didn't have one big enough for to get the curve exactly as I wanted. Ovals, however, worked wonderfully!
Supplies:
Stamps: Made of Snow, Take a Bough
Paper: Kraft, Holiday Thyme, White
Ink: Tuxedo Black
Accessories, etc.: Copics, pop dots, oval nestabilities

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh this is sooooo cute. I have been resisting this snowman PTI set, but I am almost over the edge after seeing this!
LeAnne

Juanita said...

Great card, nice layout. Must go off to create.

Jennie said...

I notice you use a lot of the circle and oval nestabilities in your cards. Can you tell me who makes them and/or where you purchased them? Thanks! Jennie (jharless@surewest.net)