Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Embrace Dies

I remember when I first started this hobby, I would see dies and die-cutting machines and think they were kind of cheesy. The styles of shapes and images available were less than trendy. Things have certainly changed! Dies are now one of my basic tools! I don't go for long periods of time without using Spellbinders nestabilities on my cards. I have also been collecting a few alphabets- Quickutz has a lot of really fun fonts. This card features both companies. I managed to find the elusive Labels One set in stock, so I picked that up. I also saw this adorable set. I loved the font and the little bonuses the set came with! I decided to make a card with both of my recent acquisitions. I used 3 different sized labels, then cut out a few trees and this cute sentiment. I pieced together a small scene, then added a bit of bling, and that was that. This is certainly a fun change from a square card! There was no stamping, but I had still had fun! Supplies: Dies: Labels One, Jolly Paper: White, Olive, Red, Chocolate, Kraft Accessories, etc.: gelly gems, pop dots

1 comment:

Kate's Life said...

I love those label dies ( and isn't that QK set amazing!
Beautiful card- simple yet stunning!