Friday, September 5, 2014


Happy Friday!

Here is this week's sketch:

Here is my take on it!

I was having fun with these circle scribbles and making my own stamped background paper. Getting the look was quite simple- I stamped the circle scribbles with distress ink (Peacock Feathers) on cardstock. Then I spritzed the paper several times. I let that sit a bit and really get worked into the stamped images. Then I dabbed off the excess water, dried the paper using a heat gun and repeated the whole process. I adhered that layer to a layer of Smokey Shadow. Next I added a small scalloped border using aqua mist. The final few steps were placing everything on a teal card front and adding a die-cut Happy Birthday sentiment over my background.

I encourage you to have fun making some background paper. Don't be afraid to make a slight mess! Get out those distress inks, paints, or reinkers and see what happens when you mix water, ink, and some stamped images!

Stamps: Circle Scribbles
Ink: Peacock Feathers
Paper: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Smokey Shadow, White
Accessories, etc.: Small scalloped border die, happy birthday die

If you play along, please leave a link!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Nice card! Like the sketch, your design and the color. :)