Thursday, August 22, 2013

FTL 254, Nautical Card

Hi friends. Don't we have a great sketch this week?! I had a lot of fun putting together my card. Nautical is so in right now, well, for at least the next 10 seconds, that I wanted to make a nautical card using some new WPlus9 stamps and die-cuts, along with this great anchor embossing folder by Lifestyle crafts. My patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye and Studio Calico. I love the look of the enamel dots on cards and those came from My Mind's Eye too. A Stamper's Select White card base by Papertrey Ink and Real Red by Stampin' Up! completed by card. My little anchor embellishment was die-cut from the Dockside dies from WPlus 9 using the stamp set of the same name. I added foam dots to the back of the anchor and adhered it to the circle per the sketch. I then cut a little bit of rustic jute twine, tied it into a knot twice and then put a glue dot at the top of the anchor to secure it. The perfect circle punches for this design are what Natasha used below on her card of 1-1/4"and 1-3/8". I think this is a very unique and pretty design.

I did do a short video on my blog as to how I made my card and I hope you stop by at Cindy Blancett Designs to visit me today. I also have a few more pictures for you to look at too! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!






No comments: