Friday, March 9, 2012

181!

Good morning! Here's this week's sketch, it's a one layer card of sorts. I was inspired by all the banner themes that have been quite trendy for the last year or so. You could choose to stamp directly on your card, or do as I did and attach a string with embellishments.

Here's my card:

I started with a Kraft base, since I really enjoy that for one layer cards. I also rounded the corners. I hadn't originally planned on a specific colour for the hearts. I thought about sponging the colour on, but that seemed a bit messy considering how small they are. Instead, I used a Copic marker to give the hearts a touch of red.

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Love Lives Here
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate
  • Paper: Kraft
  • Accessories, etc: Baker's Twine, Copic Marker, Brads, Love Lives Here die, Corner Rounder


As always, if you play along feel free to leave a link to your project

2 comments:

Dorothée said...

What a beautiful card ! I really love it !
Congrats' !

Beverly Gotthardt said...

I only got 3 pennants on mine, but I loved the sketch and will use it again I think with some flowers. I thought I had missed the deadline, glad I checked back.