Wednesday, December 21, 2011

10 Minute Christmas

I thought I would just do a quick post showcasing a few of the cards I made for giving away this year. I really left it until the last minute, but I set aside 1.5 hours tonight and managed to make 24 cards! That's actually less than 4 minutes a card! I probably could have made more, but I hadn't bothered to check how many I'd need.
I've done designs like this before, but it's just such a sharp and quick design that I had to do it again! I also made a small dent in my pattern paper collection. I used a sentiment from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Holidays, an ornament hook from Take a Bough, and an interior greeting from Inside & Out: Holidays.
My two big tips for making a card this simple:
  1. Be sure to use a high quality, thick, and bright white paper for the card. It really makes all the difference! I used PTI's white paper. For layered cards I generally use any office store's bulk cardstock brand for my card base, but if it's a one layer card you're making, use the good stuff!
  2. Use dimensional tape- I can't stress this enough! Having that little bit of dimension adds the right amount of interest to something that would otherwise be too flat.
The cards are all the standard 4-1/4x5-1/2. I used a 1-3/4 circle punch.

18 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

Love these!

Natalie said...

Super cute and so easy!! Thanks for the tip about the dimensionals!

Karen Aicken said...

These look just WONDERFUL! Thanks for the great idea
Merry Christmas!
Cheers, Karen

Ann said...

wow this is such a brilliant idea for a very quick and effective card. So easy too - something I could even make with the ladies I work with at Mencap.
Just love your cards.
Ann xxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are terrific!

Gabby said...

Very cute cards! Thanks for the idea. I need five for tomorrow's party and I may make these or something simple and similar! May you have a holiday filled with wonder, joy and love. TFS so many great sketches and card samples that inspire us. Gabby :)

Debby said...

Really nice! Great idea and great work!
Debby

Kathy Martin said...

Simply fabulous!

Patty from FL said...

I love it! I've seen store cards with a simple design similar to this and I like them, why didn't I ever think to make one like it? Thank you for sharing this.

LaNell said...

Love these. What size is your cards base?

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Love it! CAS 1-layer cards are perfect for mailing! TFS! ;o)

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

masterful! Love these. So chic.

Jen M said...

I love this idea - so simple and classic! Could you share what size the circle is?

many thanks

Patrice said...

Perfection!

Julie Hoffman said...

These are FABULOUS! I love the PTI white paper and totally agree it's a must for the base. I need to make up some of these!

Cindy O said...

Great idea to put them all together! Thank you for such a wonderful resource.

Rae said...

These simple cards are FABULOUS! Thanks for the great idea and inspiration for someone who is procrastinator central at holiday card making time!

Shauna said...

I love this card! I ran out of Christmas cards at the 11th hour, and rushed to make some of this design. They also turned out fabulous after running my cardstock through the bigshot with a simply swirly impressions plate