Friday, December 16, 2011

171! (and a pdf)

Good afternoon everyone!
Just figured I'd do a bit of housekeeping before posting this week's sketch. This will be the last sketch of 2011. With holidays and all the busy-ness associated with them, it's just easier for everyone to take a break until the new year. Sketches will resume January 6, 2012.

Secondly, here's the latest collection of sketches in pdf form. I noticed the site was a tad slow, but be patient and it should work. Go here for the download. And remember, if you want access to the previous collections, just click the "pdf" label on this post, and it will bring the rest of the posts up that have the links.

Finally, here's the sketch.

I had a lot of fun with this one. And although I could have easily made a holiday card, I have a few birthdays that I needed a card for, so I went with that. I actually made two cards. The first has a masculine vibe, it's for my paternal Grandfather, it's his 77th birthday today.
The second is for my maternal Grandmother, it's her 86th birthday on Monday. I always remember her whistling to the birds that would come by her garden, so I thought the bird was a nice touch.
  • Stamps: Harvest Berries, Happy Trails, Birthday Basics
  • Paper: White, Kraft, Vintage Cream, various Stampin' Up! patterned paper
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories, etc.: Circle Nestabilities, Pop Dots, Chocolate Polytwill
  • Card: 4-1/4x4-1/4
  • Frame: 3-5/8x3-5/8
  • Each Patterned Panel: 3-1/2x1-3/4
  • Outer Circle- 1-3/4

As always, feel free to play along by leaving a link to your post! Have a wonderful holiday season! Thanks for dropping by!


Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Super cute sketch! I have to make 4 quick Christmas cards today and this is just perfect for them :-)

Gabby said...

Nice sketch! Lovely cards. THANKS for the pdf file. I have yet to download it but will proabably get it downloaded this weekend. :)

Marisa said...

What a fabulous sketch! Can't wait to play with it :) Love the first card using it!

Cindy O said...

Love the sketches and PDF! thank you

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another fabulous sketch! Thanks for the download~ Happy a great Christmas!!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, what a fun sketch -- I can think of so many papers and embellishments to work with it!
Thanks so much