Friday, June 17, 2011


Time for another sketch! I needed a father's day card, so I worked that, using this sketch as a starting point. I found that stamping my own background was the best way to allow the three part layer to really flow together visually.
  • Card base: 4-1/4x5-1/2
  • Largest Frame: 3-1/4x4-1/2
  • 3-part layer: 3-1/8x4-3/8 (make each part 3-1/8x1-1/2, adhere all to a piece of paper and trim equal parts off the top and bottom to make it 4-3/8 in length)
  • Focal layer: 2-1/2x3-3/4
Here's my card, even though it's finally summer, I always find myself using this colour palette when using leaf and wood-themed stamps.
  • Stamps: Background Basics: Woodgrain, Masculine Motifs
  • Ink: Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
  • Paper: Kraft, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango
As always, if you play along, feel free to leave a link!


Debgem said...

Lovely sketch and I really like your card - super colours!

Marisa said...

Great sketch and love the sample.

Sue said...

Wonderfull man card and a great sketch Luv Sue x

Eve said...

I love the sketch! great card!

Vicky Hayes said...

Well they're great colours and I love the way the 'wood' looks really polished.

Irene said...

Fastistic sketch. I've uploaded my
Baby card but the photo is not showing.