Saturday, August 16, 2014

FTL303 Masculine Birthday Card

Hi folks! It's Cindy here, and yes, I'm still alive. LOVE THIS SKETCH! I love them all. I say it every week. I actually do make a card weekly but I don't know where my time goes. I had every intention of getting my tan on today and the next thing I know, it's 5 pm. It happens to me all the time. It's true that time goes by fast the older you get. I'm still unpacking and I look around and nothing looks different. It's been like 6 weeks since I moved and I haven't even turned off the PG&E at my old house! I know that Harriet is sitting there if she reads this calling me a nut and hollering, "Don't you realize we pay over $4.00 for a gallon of gas and you don't turn off your PG&E?!" She lives down the street from me which means about an hour in California.

Anyhoo…..I made this masculine birthday card using all My Favorite Things products from their July release of Celebrate You stamp set and coordinating Die-Namics, along with the Celebrate Die-Namics and Happy Birthday background stamp. I like how I got out of my box with the sentiment compared to the sketch. I'm quite proud of myself for doing that and even adding the background stamp to the "Happy" Die-Namics. I used Black Licorice, Fuse Green, Kraft, Nightshift Blue and Orange Fizz Hybrid Ink and some card stock. The base is Sweet Tooth. My bow is a simple bow that I tied bunny ear style using some Hemp by Hemptique. There's like 68 yards of this stuff on a roll. Seriously. And it comes with a price point of $2.99. I'm going to go to their website to see what else they have. This is my favorite kind of "twine" to work with. It's not too thick and not too skinny. It's just right. Very pliable and forgiving but tight when you need it to be. You can even use your bone folder to curl this stuff. I don't work or design for this company, but just thought I'd share my experience with you. It's very cool.

I hope that you like my card and it inspires you to make a card with this great sketch. Give it a try and have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by to visit us today!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Like the sketch and terrific card! :) Save energy, turn off your PG&E. Hee.