Friday, August 1, 2014

302!

Happy Friday!
Hope you're ready for another sketch. Here's the sketch:


Here's my card:


I really like making backgrounds with this Ledger Drop stencil. I taped it down, and then blended the Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, and Evergreen Bough inks to make a gradient pattern. I was hoping that the scallops would be of a similiar size to one of my many scallop die or punches; however it was not. Instead, I cut around it. It worked out really well though!

Finally, I added some ribbon and my sentiment. I was going to do a birthday sentiment (like normal), but my husband thought that the drops looked like rain and suggested making it a cheer up sort of card. I found this sentiment from Scattered Showers and thought it seemed appropriate!

Also, I like to take my card photos on my balcony when the lighting is decent. The evening I went out to take my photos, I had a certain kitty follow me out there, and then he thought the table was a good place to be as well. Here's Rocco!


Supplies:
Stamps: Scattered Showers (PTI)
Ink: Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough (Distress)
Paper: Tropical Teal, White
Accessories, etc.: Ledger Drop stencil, satin ribbon, oval nestabilities

If you play along, please leave a link to your project:





3 comments:

Gabby said...

Nice sketch, nice card. Like the colors. Beautifully marked cat. He looks kind and loving. :)

Guylaine said...

beautiful sketch, I'll try it

Mel said...

Your card is gorgeous, but your kitty is even more gorgeous!