Monday, June 9, 2014

FTL294

Natasha and I did the online watercolour for card makers class a couple weeks back…I'm finally finding some time to make good use of the awesome techniques that we learned!!


this card involves a couple techniques in it! First I heat embossed the roses to get my background pattern then I rubbed my distress pads on my craft matt and sprayed it with water and laid the water colour paper in it…After the card was dried I ironed off the embossed areas so I was able to stamp the sentiment! Die cut some pretty butterflies added the ribbon and of course sequins and voila! Here you have it!!

Hope you enjoy!
Chera

Edited to add-For those interested, Jennifer McGuire has a nice video featuring this technique here. The background technique that Chera used is different than the video, but the video shows how to use an iron to remove the heated embossing powder.

Flowers are from this set.

4 comments:

Anita Liedtke said...

Awesome card, wow , stunning !!! You ironed it ??? All this hard work have really paid of - lucky one who get´s it ! Greetings, ANita

LiteraryLisa said...

Really great look. Would you please provide a link to learn how to "iron off" the embossed area for stamping? Super cool! Thanks!

Betty Meyskens said...

Amazing!! So pretty - I also took that class but now you got me interested in going back to that lesson and trying this myself. Thank you for the inspiration.

Angela said...

Very pretty! What company made the roses stamp? Thank you!