Friday, September 20, 2013

259 (two ways)

Happy Friday!

Here is this week's sketch:


Here's my first version of the card. I've been on a mission to use some of my old patterned paper. I started with that and the card just kept going from there. By the time I was almost done, I realized that the card wasn't all that simple. I decided to finish it up and then do a simpler take.


Supplies:
Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet (retired SU!)
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, White, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Retired SU! paper
Accessories, etc: Scallop edge punch, ribbon

Here's my simpler card.I wanted to incorporate the top scalloped component onto the card, but it just took away from the card, so I left it off.


Supplies: Stamps: Friends 'Til The End
Ink: Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate
Accessories, etc.: Satin ribbon

If you play along, please leave a link to your project!






3 comments:

Reusing with Quilling said...

I loved both !

Christy Lynn said...

Love the patterned paper and stamps on the first one (Bodacious Blossoms is one of my all-time faves) but I think the simplicity of the second card is particularly striking. Lovely job!

Colien said...

Great sketch, thanks for a fun challenge!
grtz.Colien