Friday, October 5, 2012

211 and more!!

Happy World Cardmaking Weekend! I realize the technical date is tomorrow, but I like to post the sketches on Friday. In honour of the event, we have an extra challenge and a few prizes!!

The first thing you'll notice is the slightly different format to the sketches. Sadly, life has gotten quite busy. This has left little time for digitizing the sketches. I've started to draw them out in a drawing program instead. By doing the sketches this way, I can do them much quicker! They may not be as pretty, but they are more reflective of how they look in my sketch books.

The bonus challenge is a colour challenge. To be eligible for a prize, we ask that you create a card using the sketch, the colour challenge, or both! As always leave a link at the end of the post. The contest will run for 2 weeks, until October 19th. After that time, at least 4 winners will be drawn.

First up, here are the sketch and the colour challenges:

Some dimensions for you:
  • Card base 4-1/4x5-1/2
  • Squares 1-1/2
  • Square Frame 1-5/8
  • The vertical panel 4-1/4x1-3/4

Some colour guidelines:
If using Papertrey Ink colours, think New Leaf, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, and Aqua Mist
If using Stampin' Up! colours, think Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Pool Party

I've specifically excluded names on the graphic. There are so many awesome paper choices out there, I'm sure most companies will have something in those shades. Feel free to incorporate any neutral (grey, white, cream, black, kraft)

Here is my card:
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes
Ink: Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Paper: White, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party, Certainly Celery
Accessories, etc.: Eyelet Border die

What are the prizes?
We've got Botanical Silhouettes by Papertrey Ink, a new (old style) Stampin' Up! Daffodil Delight ink pad, assortment of 6x6 papers. We've also got Round and Round by Papertrey Ink. There will also be other assorted stamps and embossing folders (details to follow). I hope you can play along. And of course, to be eligible, please leave a link to your project!!


Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

I love your card, it's gorgeous! And you know what?!? I like the sketches better this way - it looks so cool! Can't wait to play!

Theresa Lukes said...

I love the colors in this challenge and the card sketch. I can't wait to start playing with both.

alexandra s.m. said...

gorgeous card!
very inspiring sketch too
Thank You!!

Heather said...

I like the sketches BETTER this way - more real for me! This is how we go when we go like this - yeah!
Thanks for inspiring us!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the sketch - feels like one in this format! Your card is simply lovely, so pretty! Great colours too!

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

thanks for another fabulous sketch. Great inspiration

Ali x

Cindy O said...

Great sketch - and hand-drawn works fine! Hope life is busy with good things for you.

I hope you'll still be able to find time to create the multi-sketch summary PDFs periodically. But if not, I will still be thankful for your inspiring sketches and examples!

Daniela said...

beautiful sketch but the card was superb!!! I followed it in everything but the sentiment and the kind of tree!!! bye!DanielaC.