Monday, February 13, 2012

FTL177 Let Your Dreams Take Flight

Happy Monday everybody. Here's to another great sketch by Natasha! Instead of doing the usual 2 colors and 1 neutral, I added another color pretty much out of necessity to offset my Aqua Mist and Autumn Rose. A bit more detailed cards can still be clean and simple. Have you tried to use clear embossing powder over your water-based dye ink? It works like a charm adding that extra bit of color so it's not dull. I hope that you enjoyed my card today and that it provides you with some inspiration. My card is 4-1/2" square. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a very blessed day.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Background Basics: Gingham, Happy Day, Happy Trails)
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, Autumn Rose, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White)
Ink Pads: Papertrey Ink (Autumn Rose, Ripe Avocado, True Black)
Ribbon/Twine: May Arts (Black Jute)
Rhinestones/Gemstones: Stampin' Up! Basic Jewels (Rhinestone)
Die-cuts: Papertrey Ink (Edgers #4 Collection, Happy Trails)
Heat Embossing: Stampin' Up! (Clear)
Machine(s)/Tool(s): Papertrey Ink (Metal Shim), ProvoCraft Cuttlebug, Stampin' Up! (Stamp-a-ma-jig)
Technique: Heat embossing, die-cutting


Gabby said...

Nice card! I like your layered butterfly. Isn't PTI great?!? :)

Susan said... clean & simple & my kind of card