Monday, February 6, 2012

FTL176 You & Me

Hi everybody. We have another fun sketch for you this week. I love the idea that it's not your standard card size. This card is a little busy due to the extensive die-cutting and ink distressing, and might go outside of the clean and simple realm a bit, but I still have plenty of open space, even though it is not white. I had just re-inked my Versamark and I think that the hearts stamped on the Kraft would have really softened up the card if I didn't re-ink -- but, live and learn. Thank you for visiting our sketch this week and our examples to inspire you! I'm also showing you the inside of the card as it is very clean and you will be able to see how I tied together the outside with the inside. See you next week.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Background Basics: Hearts, Lock & Key – inside sentiment, Love and Marriage)
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink (Kraft, True Black)
Designer Paper: Stampin' Up! (First Edition, Love Letter)
Ink Pads: Papertrey Ink (True Black, Vintage Cream), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain), Versamark
Ribbon/Twine: Papertrey Ink Baker’s Twine (Rustic Jute)
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink (Book Print)
Die-cuts: Papertrey Ink (Heart Border, Lock & Key, Love Lives Here)
Machine(s)/Tool(s): Heat Tool (Milwaukee), ProvoCraft Cuttlebug, Stampin' Up! (Stamp-a-ma-jig)
Technique: Die-cutting, dry embossing (debossing), ink distressing
Size: 6-3/4 x 3-1/2


Kathy Martin said...

Cute card! Love the little houses and the paper you used for them! :)

Carol Carriveau said...

Very clever idea!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

CUTE card! LOVE the sketch & I hope I have time to create something this week! ;o)