Monday, December 1, 2008

Ten Minute Monday!

I have recently been looking for funky felt embellishments, but haven't had much luck with finding a decent variety. Also, the selection out there is a tad too pricey for my liking. So I finally picked up this cute floral die by Sizzix. I got it for 50% off. When you consider the cost of about 12.50 for the possibility of hundreds if not thousands of embellishments, you quickly realize that 'hey, that's a good deal!'. I also picked up some felt sheets at 49 cents a piece so I could get to work right away. I kept the card simple, since it's for the ten minute feature. However, just a tip for speeding things up in your creative process- when you have spare time, cut out extra die cuts, keep them in a small bag, drawer, or container where you'll have access to them when you're more restricted on time. Supplies: Stamps: Happy Days (gel-a-tins) Ink: Rich Cocoa Paper: White, Pretty in Pink, Textured Brown Accessories, etc.: Sizzix Flower Die, Felt, Pink Brad, Stitched ribbon


Dawn (stampinscotsgirl) said...

Natasha, I love the simplicity of this and the felt flowers are wonderful. I have cut felt flowers out with my cuttlebug dies before and they work great. I have found that some felts work better than others however. One of my fave colour combos too:)

Kate's Life said...

I agree! I have a very similar Sizzix die with flowers and I have pre cut a bunch of felt! They make for fun and simple cards! Love what you did with it- great colour combo!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome design and colors! Super card.