Monday, December 15, 2008

Ten Minute Monday (x4)

This weekend I had a small cardmaking get-together with a few friends. Last year I had provided a few designs, so I wanted to do something similar. However, I was being quite the procrastinator when it came to coming up with projects. So at 12 (they were supposed to be dropping by at 2), I got to work. First I looked through my inspiration folder and printed off a few samples. I brought that with me and started designing. So I have four designs to show today. They are all easily done in under ten minutes! Remember that you should be able click on the photos if you want to see a larger version.

Here's the first design. This one was inspired by Becky Oehlers. I really liked how stunning it was in its simplicity. I offered different patterned papers and used magic tape to apply the glitter. You can punch out circles from that tape making for very quick glitter application. Also I offered different metallic inks for the ornament and greeting and matching metallic cords.

The second design is also a very simple design. I got the idea from Julie Ebersole. Again I modified the design. I omitted the glitter, added a thicker, brighter ribbon and placed the greeting within the Good Things Grow squares. For this I offered a few different options- the mistletoe image or the bow image. As well I offered red scallops and ribbon or chocolate scallops and ribbon. I love the design. There's something very satisfying about all that open space.

The third design was inspired by Judith Novak. (Sorry I couldn't find the link to the exact card, she used the PTI anniversary set and had raffia and some distressing). I used the Rustic Snowflakes set and left off the ribbon. I also went with a slightly different colour palette.

The fourth design was inspired by a recent Nichole Heady design. This card deviates the most from the inspiration piece. Sometimes all you need is a slight idea to get you creating. That's what happened with this card. I liked the idea of making a line, but markers can smear. And I liked the cut out hearts, but I was planning on snowflakes and I know my friends are not as keen as I am about cutting things out. I went with a circle punch instead. To make the illusion of a outline I made a thin dark layer- simple.

So there are the cards we made. I think they enjoyed themselves and were quite pleased with their creations.

I know we've still got 10 days until Christmas, but this post is my last post for the blog this year. I will be updating a bit more regularly at Palmtrees & Pogosticks over the next weeks. I just wanted to give a heads up that I'm taking a mini-break from the CAS blog. I expect to start posting again around January 2nd. May you have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year! Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh Natasha, I so needed this post yesterday, lol!! I have been all over the map, so to speak, with my Christmas cards this year! I just haven't been that thrilled with any of them!! I really love the simplicity of your cards yet they still are very eye catching! Crisp, clean lines! Beautifully done!