Wednesday, January 8, 2014

FTL274, You Make My Days Brighter

Hi there crafty people. Natasha had another wonderful sketch for us this week. I say that every time I post, but it's true! I made a video for my card and you can visit me at Cindy Blancett Designs to watch the video if you would like. I absolutely mixed up my products, colors and real names, so a complete supply list is below. The biggest bummer, I totally forgot to dry emboss the top layer of my card with my impression plate. What a difference that would have made and completely have changed the look to the one I was going after. By the time I realized this, I would have had to start the card and video from the beginning again.

Don't you just love the look of the layered sequins? I do. I added these after I did the video. Avery Elle has THE BEST sequins out there. I love that there's blended colors in each package and 5mm and 6 mm sizes, making it so easy to layer them to make a terrific embellishment(s)! There's so many things that you can do with these sequins and best of all? They are extremely inexpensive with a large selection of colors and very well packaged.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit me today. I hope you have a great day!




Photobucket Use an impression plate on the top layer for added dimension and depth.

Photobucket Remember to keep the rule of 3/triangle.

Photobucket Try using different shapes and a different color for your panel that you will die-cut and the image you will use on the top of your card, like Natasha did with her sample card. You can and should try using different but the same die-cuts. That would be fun.


Stamps: Heart-2-Heart #6, Happy For You (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Classic Kraft, Fine Linen, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Royal Velvel, Simply Chartreuse, Terracotta Tile
Sequins: Citrus Blend, Lucky Blend, Royal Blend (Avery Elle)
Die-Cuts: Heart-2-Heart #6 (Papertrey Ink)
Tools: Big Shot (Stampin' Up!)
Technique: Double Die-Cutting
Size: 4-1/4 x 5-1/2


No comments: