Friday, April 15, 2011

136!

Good morning everyone! It's time for another sketch challenge! This one was inspired by a few samples I saw in the recent special issue of Papercrafts Magazine, Color Inspiration for Card Makers.
Here's the sketch: Here's my card. I wanted to use the Growing Green stamp set with the Woodland Walk, since I just recently got the paper (and doesn't the light woodgrain paper make a lovely backdrop to photograph one's card on!). Supplies:
  • Stamps: Growing Green (Stampin' Up!), Label from Bring on the Cake (Ditto)
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Vintage Cream, Cottage Ivy
  • Paper: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Vintage Cream
  • Accessories, etc.: Wild Wasabi Double-stitched ribbon, button, baker's twine
If you play along, feel free to leave link to your post!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Love monochromatic cards. This is beautiful!

kiddo said...

Beautiful card! So simple and elegant!

KER said...

it is a wonderful card...perfect for any dad...but especially one like mine than neither hunts nor fishes...

Sue said...

Sorry cant play along the card is beautifull be back in 2wks Luv Sue x

Karen said...

What a great card - I'm a huge fan of monochromatic cards. LOVE the sketch too - have already made 4 different cards with it!
Thanks so much
Cheers
Karen
alteredscrapbookingdotcom

monika said...

the card is beautiful and I like the sketch too.

I show two cards with it.

Gisèle said...

I haven't done a challenge in a while and this was a too great a sketch to on which to pass. The sample cards are really wonderful. Thanks!

Angela said...

Thanks for the lovely sketch!

seamom said...

A great sketch! I can't believe I am so late in creating and posting my card! Here is the link..... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1966975?nocache=1
Hope you like it!