Thursday, May 13, 2010

FTL 90!

Hello! Here's this week's sketch. I have to admit, I made the card first, really liked how it turned out, so I turned it into the sketch! I quite like Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, and Spring Moss together and will probably make a few more kinds with this colour scheme over the next while. My card is very simple. I started off with a 3.75x5 piece of white cardstock, rounded the bottom 2 corners, then began stamping. A good tip for when you are combining 3 or more images- always start with the biggest image and work your way down. So here, I stamped the lemon flower first, then the turquoise ones, then the itty bitty green ones. To complete the card, I added a Spring Moss mat, tied some ribbon around it, and put the whole thing on a Hawaiian Shores card base. As a side note, even though Hawaiian Shores is not the exact same as Bermuda Bay, I think it will do just fine as a substitute when that colour is no longer available! Supplies: Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Birthday Basics Ink: Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores Paper: White, Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores Accessories, etc: Corner Rounder, Ribbon The winner of Round & Round is....Lucky Number 171! Summer Braxton! I will be emailing you shortly! As always, feel free to leave a link to your card!

19 comments:

nina said...

This is a wonderful card! Love the colours. Not a combo I would have thought of but boy do I have to try it now...

Paula Fuller said...

Stunning...looks like I need to make a card now.

Nicole said...

Ohhh, love that card! Another inspiring sketch! I was so inspired that I created 3 cards at once for this sketch!!

Summer Braxton said...

Yay, that's me!!!! So excited to get to play with this exclusive set. I'm so grateful, Natasha.

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Beautiful card & inspiration! Thanks so much!!!

Jessica G. said...

Another inspiring sketch, exactly what I needed for a last-minute graduation card! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Gisèle said...

This was a great sketch - even though I ended up flipping it. I'm really pleased with my card. The sample was awesome and so inspiring as usual. Thanks!

Janet said...

oh, I love these colors together - they are beautiful. What a great card. Thanks for sharing.

Eva said...

Love the new way to link and teh fact that we can see them all on your site!

Lynne said...

Great sketch. I enjoyed joining in this week.
Lynne xxx

dotygirl said...

Your cards are always so beautiful, I have such a hard time trying to keep it simple but I am trying and thanks for the chance to try try try. I submitted a card and know I am getting closer to simple but still have a ways to go. Love your site and all you do thanks.

Homemade Cards by Erin said...

Great sketch, had fun!

Monica Hunter said...

Fun sketch, and it made for a really quick card -- my favorite kind! :)

jeni@pnkgeeni said...

Great sketch! And I actually used it to make a card. Love the simplicity of the design.

*Spring Blossom* said...

Thanks for the sketch this week - I had fun playing along!

Allison said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration this week! Loving the creations based on this sketch!

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

Great sketch and love your sample card. TFS!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh had to play on this one! Great sketch!

Nancy said...

Very late but I thought I'd share...
http://nancyscreativemess.blogspot.com/2010/06/here-not-there.html