Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ten Minute Wednesday

Hello! :) I hope you're all having a great day! Since there aren't going to be any new Fall-to Layout sketches until after the new year, I thought I'd pop in with a 10 minute card I created. It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and that it's already time to ring in the new year! Where did 2009 go??

Instructions:

  • Create a 4 1/4" square card base using red CS.
  • Stamp a row of polka dots in white ink, and adhere a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon on top of the strip of dots.
  • Stamp the sentiment repeatedly on a piece of white CS, making sure to leave room for rhinestone accents.
  • Stamp a background pattern onto fuchsia CS, as well as a pink heart image onto white CS, and use heart punches to punch them out.
  • Adhere the sentiment strip on top of the pink ribbon, attach the hearts with pop dots and embellish with rhinestones.

Supplies: Stamps - Background Basics: Diamonds, Heart Prints, Polka Dot Basics Ink - Fresh Snow, True Black, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz Paper - Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White Miscellaneous - Green Rhinestones, Heart Punches, Hibiscus Burst Grosgrain Ribbon

14 comments:

Ann said...

This is CAS perfection, Heather!

Wendy K. said...

Very nice card!

Janelle said...

Love it, Heather! Thanks for sharing -- and reminding me that this would be a good time to get "caught up" on making cards using the fall-to-layouts. Off to the craft room...

Lisa Atha said...

Love this, it is absolutely adorable.

Lisa A.

Susan Raihala said...

This is one of my favorite layouts EVER...so versatile and fresh. I adore your red and pink and polka dot take on it! SQUEALING in delight!

My Little Space said...

such a fab card, love the polka dots!

Mandy

BeckyDJD said...

just found your site, love it! wow!

Karla Kroese said...

What a fantastic card!

eve said...

very nice card! love the striking red!

carole~ish said...

this is SO pretty, heather!!
perfect in every way.
LOVE it. :)

de said...

I love FTL! I saw this and thought "so cute, I'll use it this week for my DT sample EIC..." then I saw it was posted by Heather, our guest DT! Even better! Love it Heather!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I liked this so much I made one very similar. Here is my card.

Btw... I really enjoy seeing what everyone else makes with your challenges. I follow all the links they post in the comments section. But I wondered if you have ever considered adding a "Mr Linky" to the posts. It seems like so many people are participating in your sketch challenges each week that it would be simpler for us to post them and easier to view them. Just a thought.

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

Fabulous layout love it. When are you coming back to give us some more clean and simple layouts?

Edie said...

I used the layout and just changed the color and content! :)

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1586681?&cat=500&ppuser=15679