Thursday, December 17, 2009

FTL72 - Thanks, Chickie!

Hi everyone! Today's card was creating using the Fall-to Layout Sketch posted last Friday by Natasha. My sample is definitely on the simple side, but I really like the way it turned out... Sometimes I think using a bunch of patterns together can make a design look a little on the busy side, but these patterns together almost seem delicate to me. LOL, as usual, I went back and forth about a million times trying to figure out what cardstock color I should use as my card base, and finally settled on using acetate. I also embossed the background with dots to help it stand out a bit. Have a great one! :) Supplies: Stamps - Damask Designs, Background Basics: Diamonds, Handwritten Notes Ink - Versamark, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy Paper - Old Olive DSP, Bermuda Bay, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Kraft, Stamper's Select White Miscellaneous - Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon, Acetate, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

8 comments:

Susan said...

What a beautiful card! Love it! I'm a lurker who doesn't comment very often, but I visit every day. Thank you for all the inspiration you post!

Tammy James said...

I love the look of the embossed Acetate, your card is lovely.

Alexis said...

Gorgeous card....love the acetate!

Eve said...

oh wow! such a beautiful card!

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...

This is simply beautiful. Love the swiss dots on the acetate card.

Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful!!!! Love how you went with the acetate and embossed it to give it some substance to balance the paper strips. PERFECT!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Loe the combo of patterned papers and the use of the embossed acetate for the card base.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

totally amazing....I luv it!

enjoy *~*