Sunday, May 25, 2008

Welcome!

This is Clean and Simple Stamping. What does this type of stamping consist of? I'm summing it up with these 3 things. This list is not exclusive, but just the items that most come to mind when designing a clean and simple card.
  • Clean design/ Balance
  • Quick to produce
  • Wow factor

So here is my first project specifically made for the CAS blog. A couple things to note...

#1 Proportions: When making a CAS card that consists of more than 1 layer, keep in mind the importance of proportions. I find it very important to have my image panel centered on my card front. Additionally, that image panel is of a proportional size to the card front itself. So on this card, the card front is 4.25x5.5. So the image panel is 3x4.25.

#2 Solid Images: While definitely not a necessity to the CAS card, solid images can definitely speed up the process.

Supplies: Stamps: Beautiful Blooms, Text Boxed, Birthday Basics by PaperTrey Ink, Ink: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Water Lily, Landscape by Palette, Sahara Sand by Stampin' Up! Paper: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Kraft, Accessories, etc.: Corner rounder, brad

So what does the Clean and Simple style mean to you? I'd love to hear from you!

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

FABulous idea! I'm a huge fan of the CAS designs!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is fabulous! Although I teeter from style to style, I definitely like to stick to CAS when I do a lot of detailed coloring on a main image. Once I get that done, I have trouble. Can't wait to see what else you have coming our way!

Bee said...

I love clean and simple cards! They're my favorite, although they can be intimidating sometimes! When there isn't a lot to distract the eye, what you see has to be special!
For me clean and simple style means: clean lines, punch of colors, minimal embellishments.

Jessica said...

Great idea! I love clean and simple. I think of people like you, Krystie Lee, and Tracy Durcan who make what I consider clean and simple cards. Simple, yes; boring, no! I've added this blog to my Google Reader.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love it Natasha! I love clean and simple, but I tend to complicate it just beyond the point where it could be called that! I love your sentiment which steps out of the propotioned main section, and by that virtue really pops!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a great idea, Natasha! Gorgeous card! I've been loving that "white space" lately. . .maybe it's the weather! LOL Clean and simple to me means "white space". . .not every part of the card has to be embellished or stamped on. Can't wait to see more. . .I LOVE your work! :)

mosaic1 said...

I love CAS! I hope you hook this blog up with Feedblitz so I can remember to keep up!!

denise;) said...

LOVE IT! The colors are perfect. Which brings me to say that color balance on CAS cards might be a part of it too... "white" space.

Great idea for a blog too!!

malissa32 said...

I love your style! Got you bookmarked so I can check in daily! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Cathy I. said...

What a great idea - I love the clean and simple look too...in this day of lots of clutter, I think we all need clean and simple - in everything we do!!! I can't wait to more of both your blogs!!

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

I just signed up to get a daily feed from this blog and I have been getting your original blog daily. I love your cards and your CAS style. I save almost all of your cards to case!! My style is mostly CAS. I am so glad to see a blog dedicated to this style! Thanks so much.

Joan B said...

Great card and love the advice!!

LeAnne said...

Thanks for embracing CAS! As a demonstrator, I need that for my workshops....otherwise, people get that "glazed" look in their eyes, and you lose them quickly! I'll be checking back often. Already I love your first Fall-to sketch!
LeAnne

Kathleen said...

I love this style, but often find myself feeling "pressured" to layer more, embellish more, etc. I LOVE the style I see so far! Thanks for your time.