Sunday, August 27, 2017

Fall to Layout #31- Take Two

Happy Sunday!

I have a special guest today! Chera happened to be in town this weekend for a family wedding so me and our other stamping buddy Fran all got together for some crafty fun! We even convinced Fran to play along in the sketch challenge! So I've got three cards to share! Between the three of us, we're featuring several different companies- Concord and 9th, Altenew, Stampin' Up, Papertrey Ink, Simon Says Stamp and Lawn Fawn!

Here's the sketch!  I made the sketch originally in 2009, when ribbon was a much more popular item. We had an interesting conversation about this one as we reminisced about all the pretty ribbon we HAD to have and STILL have, but it's not as trendy. But you know what I say, ribbon is still pretty, make it work!



First up, we have Chera's card. She started with a white panel of card stock and used some Early Espresso ink and the coffee bean images to make her own stamped paper. Next she chose one of the sentiments and this fun mug, also from the Coffee Love stamp set, and stamped those on Kraft. Those panels had some jute twine added and then she adhered those to a white card base. How fun, right??


Next up, Fran's card. Fran doesn't share much of her card making online, but she is super talented and has a great eye for details! She changed up the sketch a tiny bit, but was still inspired by the general layout. She started with some donuts stamped on the pink cardstock. For the sprinkles, she embossed them with white embossing powder. Next, she made these two cute embellishments. The donut comes from the Donut Worry set by Lawn Fawn and the adorable coffee mug is from Simon Says Stamp's Coffee Love. She loved how the coffee cup had the little arms and used the same arms from that die to add to the donut.  To add some additional dimension, Nuvo drops in black were used for the little eyes. Since the jute twine was still on the table, she added that as her ribbon element too. She was going to apply it horizontally- like in the sketch, but we all decided that it worked better visually vertically. Super cute right?


And just a close-up of the adorable coffee and donut pair!


Now, it's time for my card. Since we were at Fran's house, I wanted to make use of some stamps that I don't own. This is one of those sets- Orange You Sweet by Concord and 9th. I started with the large outline Sweet image. I stamped that in Memento black and coloured it with Copics using a slight ombre look. I finished off the sentiment with another line from that set. I was in a pink grapefruit mood apparently, so I stamped my side panel with the rind and sliced profile images as well- using Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush on Sweet Blush card stock. It was feeling too plain, so I die cut a few slices from the Orange You Sweet dies. I also added a touch of Wink of Stella to give them that fun shimmer. The final touch was some sheer Basic Grey ribbon. I added the main panel to some Basic Grey card stock and then onto my Berry Sorbet card front.


And here's a close up of those shimmery slices!


And here are all our projects together! Just to prove we were actually together haha!


If you play along, please leave a link to your project!





2 comments:

  1. Fun Sketch. I've got one more idea for it. I will see if I can put something together in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete