Sunday, December 7, 2014

Get Inspired

Good morning!

I don't have a sketch this week. It's getting to be that time of the year where there are barely any spare moments. However, I saw this amazing card by Laura Bassen, and I was inspired!

I wanted to see what I could do using a few dies and punches. I created my main panel by running white card stock through with a star die. I did this 5 times, moving the die to achieve the desired placement. I wanted a few more stars, so I used a star punch.

I wanted a colourful background to show behind the stars. I blended Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, and Fired Brick. I stamped a combination greeting using the hello Wplus9 and the superstar from a Verve. I popped up the starry panel using thick foam tape and then placed that on a black card base. I was totally thrilled with how it turned out.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hand Lettered Hello (Wplus9), Great Expectations (Verve)
Ink: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, and Fired Brick (Ranger Distress), Black Onyx (Versafine)
Paper: White, Black
Accessories, etc.: Star die (PTI), Star Punch (Stampin' Up!), Blending Tool (Ranger)

If anyone is interested in seeing a video of any of my cards or creative process, please let me know!

12 comments:

Toni said...

Love how this turned out

cm said...

In the midst of the Christmas cards I'm surrounded by, your lovely stars sitting atop that STUNNING sponged background are a most refreshing, gorgeous treat! Truly fabulous! As for a video of your cards: YES, PLEASE! Seeing you create would be marvelous!
~c

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent job on your STUNNING background!! That vividness is inspiring.... I'm thinking I am off to try it! TFS~

Gina said...

WOW!!!! This is fabulous!!!!! My oldest daughter and I need to make a birthday card for a sweet out-of-state friend turning 95 later this week. This is something like I'd love to do for her!

Gabby said...

Super card! LOVE the layout of your cut-out stars and the blended color bkgrd is terrific. :)

Nora N. said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the background and the way you die cut the stars. Fabulous card!!!

ginger na said...

Inspiring card. YES. PLEASE!! Do a video on your creative process. Since I am new to stamping, I find these posts most helpful-saving me time and money. Scale, placement ,rule of thirds--who knew? Not me. Showing "failed" cards and giving the reason they "failed" can be very enlightening.

Cindy B Designs said...

This card rocks Natasha. I love it. And ya, show us a video!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Love the bright colors of your stars. Simple but amazing layout!
Thanks for sharing.

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is a magnificent CASE of Laura, Natasha! I love everything about it!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Kerian said...

Yes, please!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...and a great case!
I feel a case coming on with me too...smile...Thanks for sharing.