Friday, June 27, 2014




I die cut a bunch of flowers and stamped them with different patterns, and the side strip has stripes on it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 26, 2014


Happy Thursday Night!

Here's this weeks sketch!

If you want to any sort of guideline, here's what I did- I cut a standard 5.5x8.5 card base from Melon Mambo. Next I chopped off .75 from the edge. I trimmed .25 off of that piece and set it aside. Next I attached a white layer (5.5x 3.5) to my cropped card base. I used that .25 piece of Melon and attached that on there.

Finally I stamped my sentiment and assembled my flowers. I placed one of the small yellow flowers on the card base layer to use it to keep the card shut.

Stamps:Flower Patch, Sketched Shapes
Ink: Rich Razzleberry,  Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight
Paper: White, Melon Mambo
Accessories, etc.: Dimensionals!

If you play along, please leave a link!!

Friday, June 20, 2014


Happy Friday!

I went with a sketch a little bit out of my normal zone. It's still clean and simple, but almost collage-like in nature.

Here's my card:

Stamps: Inside and Out: Birthday
Ink: Various Tim Holtz distress inks, Old Olive
Paper: Kraft, White, Island Indigo
Accessories, etc,: ribbon, rhinestones

If you play along, please live a link:

Friday, June 13, 2014


Happy Friday! I have a sketch ready to go! Can't believe it's almost been 300 of these! 

When I designed the sketch, I definitely had the intention to use my various speech bubble dies that I've acquired lately. But then... new Stampin' Up catalog order came, so I figured I'd play with that instead! Love this new floral set! And it's a photopolymer set too with matching dies!!!

Stamps: Flower Patch
Ink: Tangelo Twist, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Paper: White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie

If you play along, please leave a link!

Monday, June 9, 2014


Natasha and I did the online watercolour for card makers class a couple weeks back…I'm finally finding some time to make good use of the awesome techniques that we learned!!

this card involves a couple techniques in it! First I heat embossed the roses to get my background pattern then I rubbed my distress pads on my craft matt and sprayed it with water and laid the water colour paper in it…After the card was dried I ironed off the embossed areas so I was able to stamp the sentiment! Die cut some pretty butterflies added the ribbon and of course sequins and voila! Here you have it!!

Hope you enjoy!

Edited to add-For those interested, Jennifer McGuire has a nice video featuring this technique here. The background technique that Chera used is different than the video, but the video shows how to use an iron to remove the heated embossing powder.

Flowers are from this set.

Thursday, June 5, 2014


Happy Friday!

I have returned! (I didn't actually go anywhere, just needed some time to focus on wedding things). It all went incredibly well! The weather was perfect and everyone had a super fun time!

Anyway... here is this week's sketch!

Here's my take on it. After over two weeks of not creating anything, I was in the mood for making something a bit messy. I created a stencil using the circle coverplate from PTI and then sprayed over it with a gold shimmer spray. That just wasn't enough for me, so I added some brown paint splatters.

I finished that off with a layered butterfly and some lace and ribbon!

If you play along, please leave a link!