Thursday, June 23, 2011

146! Plus the latest PDFs

Time for another sketch. I really enjoyed this one and hope you do too!
I was in the mood for some fun, bright colours, so here's my card. It's a congratulations card for a recent graduate. I always enjoy using stars on grad cards.
Some dimensions for you:
  • Card Base: Standard 4-1/4x5-1/2
  • Larger Strip: 5-1/2x2-5/8
  • Sentiment layer: 5-1/2x3-1/2
  • Other layer: 5-1/2x2
I also have a surprise for you. That's right, it's the latest batch of PDFs! Go HERE to download it! It contains sketches 128 through 146. Enjoy!

I think the card is pretty straight forward. One thing I did, to extend the usability of the Star Prints set, was to use a smaller star punch on the larger images. Technically, you could do this with any background or pattern image.

Supplies:
Stamps: Star Prints, Polka Dot Basics I, Signature Greetings
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Spring Moss, Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie, White
Ink:Bermuda Bay, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories, etc: small star punch, pop dots, mat pack and paper piercer
As always, if you play along, feel free to leave a link to your post!

16 comments:

Riette said...

I didn't know you put them on pdf!! That is great. Where can I find the previous pdf's? I love your layouts.

Sue said...

Wow this is a brilliant card that could be for male female young or old by just changing the sentiment thanks for sharing Luv Sue x

Sue said...

Sorry forgot great sketch too and thanks for the download sheet Luv Sue x

Toni Hinchcliffe said...

Thanks for the pdf page! I love that I can print out all these sketches on one page!

Diane Barnes said...

Great sketch & card Natasha. So simple but really effective. Thanks heaps for the sketch update - so useful. Inky wishes, Di

Cindy O said...

Thank you for the wonderful weekly layouts and especially the PDF collections. They are my favorite sketch inspirations. The PDFs make it so easy as a reference!

Bhavana said...

Loved this sketch i have linked my creation. But its got linked twice pls remove the one link of it thanks :)

Jennifer Lubbock said...

Thanks so much for compiling the sketches!! I love having them handy at my stamping desk.

Lisa A. said...

Your card is WONDERFUL!!! I haven't commented, but wanted to let you know that I love your work...your cards are amazing!! Thank you for the downloads, too...I was so looking forward to this next batch! I have them all laminated and use them for go-to sketches when making cards VERY often...they are a real treasured tool in my stamp room...thank you for doing this:)!!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the combination of colours you used in your card and the stars are a perfect motif for graduation. Your sketches are a wonderful resource Natasha - thanks for sharing them. Vx

Ann said...

Just found this blog and absolutely love it! Your sketches are wonderful!

Nicole said...

Another fun sketch! I love this blog! :)

Marisa said...

Thanks so much for the PDF. Love your sketches and have them all printed out in a binder :)

Dawn said...

I just found your blog and played along for the first time, it's so great!! Thanks for the inspiration and for the time/effort it takes to pdf the sketches. I'm so excited to try them all! ;O)

Annie said...

Couldn't link for some reason tonight. Here's my card... not sure if it's okay for this challenge anyways: http://lovemecard.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-based-todays-card-on-this-clean.html

Tanya said...

Just found this blog! yeay!!! Here's my first "play-along":http://tanyastampsnthings.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-challenge.html