Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ninety Six!

Time for another sketch! I've been apparently on a bit of a vertical orientation rut. I'll try to do something different next week! Here's the sketch. The patterned piece is 4x3.25. I had this stamped lime paper for quite some time. I did some rock'n'roll stamping using Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado, then went around the rind with lime stickles. The finishing touch was to add in some tiny dots in the remaining white space. I struggled with a sentiment for the card. That many limes just didn't say "birthday" to me, so I finally went with a just because. When all else fails, right!

Supplies: Stamps: Fruitful, Round and Round Ink: Black, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado Paper: Spring Moss, Black, White Accessories, etc.: lime stickles

If you play along, feel free to leave a link!

13 comments:

Carol said...

I was just pondering something to create when the FTL96 appeared in my inbox! Great, quick and simple card idea, although, I have to admit I was tempted to add some sort of ribbon or something . . . Thanks for a great layout!!

Nicole said...

Another perfect layout! I added ribbon, though. I will use this layout again and again for sure! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Just what I needed - a layout that took a couple of minutes. Love your limes card.

Gisèle said...

Another awesome sketch! I could do it over and over and over. Thanks!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how clean the sketches are... great challenge.

Tammy Clarke said...

Great sketch challenge, lots of potential with this one.

dotygirl said...

I really like this challenge, I think the clean and simple is getting easier for me to do. Thank for the challenge and love the cards that were shown. Great work.

Jess said...

Great sketch - I think I'll use this one again and again!

Celeste said...

I absolutely LOVE those limes!

Yara said...

Great sketch!! Thanks for the stunning inspiration!!

*Spring Blossom* said...

Thanks for a wonderful sketch AGAIN!
I don't know how you keep coming up with such excellent sketches every week :)

ileana said...

What a wonderful sketch! this is my first time participating and I loved every second spend in it! Thank you!

Nancy said...

Took a bit of a blogging break, but I am back today with this challenge... http://nancyscreativemess.blogspot.com/2010/07/im-back-part-3.html